Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bennets Colic Mixture

Bennets Colic Mixture 3 years 10 months ago #44716

• Desiree
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi ladies - I've been given Connor some of the Bennets Colic mixture in the afternoons because he is very niggly & fussy & irratable come later afternoon, anyway - when a friend of mine heard that, she gave me this horrified look and said that I should never give him that mixture as it is way too strong for babies - wtf? if its too strong, why do they sell it and market it as a colic remedy for infants?

Anyhow, its not like I overdose my child on it, I give him 2.5mls once a day - surely that should be fine - yes?

Any thoughts and opinions please.
My beautiful baby boy, Connor Troy, was born on 20 March 2010 and my 2nd gorgeous boy, Cullen Reece, was born on 2 September 2011 - I am very blessed indeed
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Bennets Colic Mixture 3 years 10 months ago #44729

• julz
  • ( Moderator )
  • Thank you received: 35
Desiree I have no info on this product. What does do the directions say?

Here is some into from the bennetts site. Maybe you can email them.
www.colic.co.za/remedies.htm

I am sure it is safe to use as colic usually only occurs in very young infants under 3 months of age.

Re:Bennets Colic Mixture 3 years 10 months ago #44739

• Desiree
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Julz - the directions on the insert say that I can give Connor 1ml/kg of his bodyweight up to a max of 8mls per doseage - and Im only giving him 2.5mls - so, I really dont think it can be too strong for him. The mixture does contain alcohol, so maybe thats what shes referring to - but then, so does Gripe Water and Telament colic drops contain alcohol.
My beautiful baby boy, Connor Troy, was born on 20 March 2010 and my 2nd gorgeous boy, Cullen Reece, was born on 2 September 2011 - I am very blessed indeed

Re:Bennets Colic Mixture 3 years 10 months ago #44747

Hi there

I used Bennets for both my girls.

Gripe water and telament did nothing for them, but Bennets worked like a dream. They didn't have colic, but had terrible digestive problems and screamed every time they pooped!

I also gave 2.5mls. No need to worry.

Re:Bennets Colic Mixture 3 years 10 months ago #44749

• lollipop
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Des, dont stress about that, if it works, then great.
I gave my son paragorie when he was a couple of weeks old, because he had such bad colic that NOTHING else worked!
Like you said it is not asif you dope him. I say if it works for you, use it!

Re:Bennets Colic Mixture 3 years 10 months ago #44756

Oh, and don't worry, he will outgrow the niggles and be a happy baby again all day - yes, even in the evenings :P

Re:Bennets Colic Mixture 3 years 10 months ago #44876

• Desiree
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks ladies :) I feel much better about it now! It works for us, so Im going to continue using for as long as I need to - all within measure of course!!

Re:Bennets Colic Mixture 3 years 10 months ago #44966

• lientjie
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Des - my paed actually prescribed the Bennetts Colic Mixture for my LG at 6weeks! Also gave her just 1 dose in the late afternoon / early evening and stopped when she was 3months. Solved the screaming everytime she passed wind, etc and resulted in a much happier mom and baby! :)

Re:Bennets Colic Mixture 3 years 10 months ago #44969

• Desiree
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Lientjie - I feel much better about using it now that I've read all the comments about the mixture! I really find that it relaxes Connor in the afternoon, he is chilled after his feed and seems to fall asleep a little easier...with no hassle and crying, etc - definitely makes for a happier mom & baby!!
  • Page:
Moderators: julz, MissesMom